GULF HILL HISTORY
The town records date the building to 1900. That’s for the front part – where the milking parlor was. The middle section was added later and the big gambrel and silos after that.
Mr Fernandes (some of his family spelled it with a z, some with an s), was an astute businessman who had one of the first milking parlors that were “Certified” by the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
This meant that any farmer who couldn’t afford pasturization equipment needed to sell their milk to the Gulf Hill Dairy. And the business took off from there.